Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Home

So, Thanksgiving Eve was spent in Nazareth, Pennsylvania at The Mayor's brother's house. I will say right now that I felt very welcome, the conversation was interesting, funny, wonderful, thought-provoking, and just plain satisfying. Also, it felt really nice to be back (near) my old stomping grounds.

The earlier part of the day was satisfying. I made a banana bread that the dogs ruined while I was out driving to pick up my grandmother. We went to my inlaws house for dinner, which was nice. They hosted about 25 people, with 4 turkeys and a slew of sides. It was noisy and raucous, just like it always was.

I will avoid a blow-by-blow description of the evening but I will state that I now have a better appreciation for the Sidney Funnel Web Spider (which will attack you, Human, just for the taste of your blood!), the movie Halloween, and authentic Cuban cigars. Did I mention that I drank a bit? Yeah...

Anyway, it was fun and I am thankful...

No comments: