Thursday, September 27, 2007

Today!

Ok, the disclaimer: I had a beer and two glasses of wine at Johnny Carino's...SO...I will try to keep this brief to avoid foot-in-mouth sydrome, but I just needed to blog about this day because it has been sort of monumental.

First, I made a formal offer on a house today that has already produced a little bit of favorable feedback from the seller's real estate agent, but I will probably not know the full scoop until today or tomorrow. When the deal is done I will post pics of the house and more details. Until then, keep you fingers crossed for me because this IS the house I would like to live in and play Martha Stewart with for the next 10 or 15 years.

Second, as mentioned earlier, I had dinner at Johnny Carino's this evening. Sadly, Johnny's is going out of business. All Johnny Carino's will be closing on Friday and re-opening months from now under a different name by the parent company. This makes me quite sad because this was the restaurant that my late husband ate his very last meal-baked tortelloni (large tortellini) and he enjoyed a nice evening with his parents, reminscing over the Wood-Ridge house and just having a real nice time with them. I have been going here once or twice every week in his honor and I am really, really sad that this will be put on hiatus for a long time.

Please, if you ever eat a good, fresh ravioli or nice piece of really fresh mozzarella cheese, pause to think of this man because few things in life made him as happy as very simple and fresh Italian food.

And third, tonight is the one hour season premier of The Office. I have been living off of anticipation for the new season of this show for the past week now. I am have fantasizing about the possibilities and potential plot twists for a while. I just can't WAIT to see a full hour of these office shenanigans!

What is going to happen with Jim and Pam?

Is Roy going to resurface and whoop Jim's ass?

Are Dwight and Angela going to make their office love affair known to their coworkers? Or are they going to grow even more secretive?

("NO COOKIE!" "But what if I'm hungry?")

Do Kelly and Ryan stay together or does he finally just ditch her? Oh, she'd be a wreak, but she'd get over it!

And Michael----ahh, Michael Scott, man who combines my two personal favorite names into one twisted Regional Manager-Michael, now that you've got Jan, are you sure you really wanted such a crazy, Martini-driven vixen in the first place? HAHAHAHAH!

Todd Packer? Will we see more of you? Will you make a cameo or two? I loved you in Anchorman and I love you even more as Todd Packer.

I'm thinking about all of the awesome characters on that show-Phyllis and Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration, Stanley, Creed-you old hippie pervert-I love you!, Toby-the scapegoat for Michael's quiet rage, Oscar, and all of the guys in the warehouse. I miss all of these characters that would make me laugh like crazy every Thursday night, comfortably from my old spot on the couch in my Wood-Ridge house, with my husband and daughter and their bowls of ice cream.

1 comment:

~Free said...

Well, by now you have seen The Office, but I have not! So no spoilers! Because NBC is a greedy network and wanted more $$ for episodes, iTunes dropped them. Therefore, I am counting on my coworker to come in today with a tape of last night's episode. I am DYING for it. Plus, I have to babysit tonight for a friend, so I won't get to watch it until Saturday night! UGh.

I promise that I will think of Rob when I eat a good Italian meal. That is the ultimate treat for me: bread and olive oil, maybe some calamari, and some kind of pasta with a rose sauce maybe? I am always on the lookout for interesting ravioli. And yeah, fresh mozz. cheese? THE best.

Finally, I am hopeful for you about the house offer! I am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed.