Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One Week

Can I just give my prediction of election here? I could be proven to be completely wrong, but the odds are really 50/50 anyway. So can I just say here there that:

Obama is going to be our next president.

He will be our first African-American president (even though he is technically mixed race).

My own grandmother, a little, old white lady who lived in close proximity to Plainfield during the riots is going to vote for Obama. She is, as a devout Catholic, staunchly anti-abortion, but a life-long Democrat mostly due to FDR leading her family along with the rest of the county out of the Great Depression. I think part of her knows that the pro-life stance is mostly a foil for some peoples' desires to combine church and state. In times like these, and times like those, most people know that the best course of action is to recover our economic state and to keep the judges out of the uteri.

God will sort that all out later. 

I think you might be getting an inclination as to how I will vote in SEVEN DAYS.

And what a crazy ride it's been thus far. I love election years. I love watching the inane minutiae of political coverage minute by minute.  I stand in fascination of the evotlution of CNN from being a very dry, but reliable source of news to what it is today-pretty much just a cartoon. Has anyone been watching Anderson Cooper? He's the new pundit-eye candy that Dan Abrams was during the 2000 election and 9/11. But he might be gay, which makes it all the more tantalizing. 

Mostly, I love the fact that we are going to have a fresh face in the White House, after eight years of embarrassment under the Bush administration. 

Enjoy the next 7 days, people. Something good will come out of it. I am quite sure of that.

But remember my prediction. If I am wrong, you can slam me without remittance to your heart's desire. And if I am right? Well, then history will have been made.

No comments: