Friday, August 08, 2008

Focus Tightening...

...or is it?

I should be. For the most part, it is. There are still a lot of moments where I've done a box or two and just need to take a break.

People, I am SO tired of this process-moving. It's been going on for so long, with a few months break here and there. The longest I've lived anywhere for a while was in Wood-Ridge, and that was for three years.

Who knows, maybe at the term of my lease we'll stay, or maybe we'll go. I might be doing this again in a year, but I certainly hope for the contrary. I don't especially want to buy another house for a long time. I need to let my life unfold a bit more before jumping into that commitment. I hesitate to do anything major with a big portion of my money other than to put it into something as high-yielding as possible with a degree of withdrawal-leniency.

Today the PODS container came and I am pleased as punch with it. I think I can fit just about everything on there. I'm going to try my best. It hold 7500 lbs. or something. It's 18 feet long. That really should do the trick and if not, well, somethings are going to be left behind. I want to avoid renting a storage facility at all costs. Just don't want to fit it into the budget.

Already I know that my dining room set is not making the cut. It's a nice set. If anyone wants it, let me know, I'll gladly send pictures of it. There's no way it's going to fit anyway and I don't see having two separate eating areas in my future for a long time.

I have a butt-load of stuff in my car headed for the Salvation Army. I'm donating loads of books to a used book store down here. I am thinning out everything and trying to strip my belongings down to what I consider the bare-minimum at this point.

Feng shui tells us that when you discard the things that are clogging up chi that you are making room for better things to come along. Space needs to be created for new things or else it all just becomes piles of junk in your life. Simplify!

No comments: